Elearning Heroes Challenges
NOTE: Many of these were developed quickly as proof of concepts so some demos are more functional than others.
What I’ve Done
This interaction, and interactive tour of the locations in Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice became an exploration of aa progress meter. After a location was visited, a simulated selfie in the current day locale was evidence of progress. Additionally, I drew all the graphics for this module myself, purposely making them look hand-drawn.
This module is a good example of how I like to throw learners into the deep end of the pool. Instead of a boring instruction video (or other type tutorial), a would-be barrista plays with sliders to get the proportions of coffee, milk, and foam just right. Feedback comes in the form of a happy customer (or not). A slide out resource job aid was provided for people to consult, if needed.
This challenge had to account for something like 60 different combinations, so the use of variables was key!
For a Halloween challenge, I incorporated some public health information for the discerning zombie.
With this exercise, I learned to modify a stock character, turning his skin green, eyes bloodshot, and adding a few open sores.
FIRST PERSON ZOMBIE
This is an abbreviated first person style interaction, where the user must quickly decide where to run to avoid a horde of zombies. It features an onscreen countdown timer (delay, and the zombies will get you!) and branching scenarios.
The Grammar Games
Styled as a "Hunger Games" immediate elimination experience, this module helped me to figure out ways to continously loop an animation. In it, I also explored a different way to deliver a progress bar.
Two lies and a truth
This is a fun little re-working of Two Truths and One Lie. I used it to try out some basic animation skills (the door opens and the pool of light in the room grows.)
From an instructional standpoint, the module requires immediate application of knowledge and provides feedback.
This interaction enables someone to create a fake vacation photo by selecting the background, then adding props. It then enabled the user to print out the "photo."